RE: X10/Room Occupancy/SWMBO acceptance

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: X10/Room Occupancy/SWMBO acceptance
  • From: "Anthony Livingstone" <anto@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 14:23:32 +0100

Just timed my curtains closing over a 16 foot gap.
>From pushing the button on my RC5000 to curtains stopping = 13 seconds
(including delay while X10 sends it's signal).
Seems as quick if not quicker than getting off sofa, walking to window,
pulling drawstring repeatedly, walking back to sofa, sitting down again.
Curtains can't be operated manually while attached to the motor so there
is no problem with the system getting confused.

My 78 year old dad still has trouble with the Marantz remote (but he's
getting better with practice!) may get him a key fob remote he can use
to operate curtains, switch everything off at night, etc. when he stays.
May also put a slim line wireless X10 switch near the curtains so they
can be operated without a 'remote'.

Anto.