Retrowire node 0

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Retrowire node 0
  • From: "fluff" <fluff@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:41:25 +0100

Still messing about with my plans for wirng the house. It's going to be a
long drwn out process to accomodate lifting floors & redecorating.

First thing I need is a node 0 plan tho.

For ease of use it's going under the stairs. Nowhere eles can it be well
hidden to avoid upsetting future ourchaser of house.

Not a lot going in there, mainly going to be a patching site, with a
hub/switch and power distribution, with everything else in my office where
there is more space.

I have aquired several hinged 19" brackets for the patch panels.

Was thinking of mounting this on a box for the cables. Floor to ceiling
high, back & front in MDF or ply side of 4"x2" timber, with the front
removeable to get to cables. Was thinking of hinging the front, but not much
space so may try for cladding clips or similar.

Anyone tried anyhting similar or got any suggestions?

Will remember to do a write up once I start.

Cheers

A.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor