Re: Outlook talking to SliMP3 &/or Homeseer...

You could use the HomeSeer object from within a VB script. e.g:

set hs = createobject("homeseer.application")
msgbox hs.version
hs.geturl "jukebox:9000", "/display?p1=Test%20Message&p2=From
20Homeseer&p3=5",TRUE,9000

Were there any spare SliMP3 players? (I *must* have one. NOW! :-))

Justin.

Quoting Anthony Livingstone <anto@xxxxxxx>:

> Hi,
>
> I've been playing around with the Rules Wizard in Outlook.
> I have multiple email accounts set up that regularly receive a large
> volume of emails so Outlook runs 24/7 and downloads emails every 3
> minutes.
> I have 15 Rules set up to process incoming messages and decide if they
> should get an auto reply, moved to a specific folder, play a wav file,
> etc.
>
> What I'd like to do is incorporate some means of pushing data to my
> SLiMP3 when some of these Rules are triggered.
> Just having it flash up NEW MAIL would do but more info would be nice.
> i.e. Line 1= Urgent Email Received, Line 2= Subject: "You've won the
> lottery."
>
> I can push text to the display from a web browser or from within a
> HomeSeer script using the pointers kindly supplied by Paul Gordon in a
> great fun sending messages up to the living room tonight and being
> shouted at in return. :o)
>
> VB is still a foreign language so creating a VB script within Outlook to
> do this is a non starter for me.
> I thought of having HS send a preset text message to the SLiMP3 when a
> Rule is triggered but I can't figure out how to get Outlook to talk to
> HS (are we back to VB scripts again?). i.e. If Outlook Rule1 is
> triggered run HS script SLiMP3-Msg1 etc.
>
> Obviously I can trigger the HS scripts manually by issuing X10 commands
> but can Outlook trigger them?
> Or am I going about this the wrong way altogether??!!
> IIRC there are HS scripts that periodically scan pop3 accounts and 'do
> stuff' without Outlook running, but I really need Outlook to do it's
> stuff first then either push text directly to the SLiMP3 or tell HS to
> do it.
>
> I've searched the HS message boards and files and there is very little
> mention of SLiMP3.
> The SLiMP3 message boards are depressingly void of much activity.
> So I thought I'd try here first...
>
> Anybody else looked at this??
>
> TIA
>
> Anto.