Re: Meteor Madness

--- In ukha_d@y..., "BUTLER, Tony, FM" <roaming@f...> wrote:
> Meteor connected to XP Machine.
> Homeseer running Patricks Plugin.
>
> Set up on Saturday and phone out of commission sat evening/sunday
morning,
> until I got a call telling me phone is constantly engaged.
>
> Pick phone up, pressed 'dial', got a dial tone.
> Phone happy again.
> HS has logged a call event.
> Shut down HS, start again, Patricks plugin displays "Change in CTS"
and
> then, I think "Change in DTR".

You don't need to worry about these dialogue boxes, they just
indicate serial port happenings. I thought they would add useful
extra information for people when they had meteor problems (some
serial ports will not power the meteor adequately for example) - but
they have caused more trouble than they are worth and I will remove
them.

> Red light on Meteor comes on.
> Call myself from mobile.
> HS/Plugin do their job and I get a Call event logged.
> Pick phone up, pressed 'dial', got a dial tone.
> Back up stairs and Meteor red light not on.
> Call myself from mobile.
> Nothing.

Nothing in what sense? Did the phone ring?
The red light on the meteor *only* indicates that the device is
powered from the serial port, and is completely independent of the
phone line state. If the serial port is closed, then the light will
go out. Is there any indication that the plug-in has bombed?

> Also, I get what looks like a debug form pop up with call details
either
> from activeCID, the meteor activex control, or from patricks plugin.
> anyone know how to turn this off?

It's from my plug-in, and I will fix it over the next 24-48hrs.
Several others have complained about it, and it's just plain
sloppiness on my part (a registry entry should control the appearance
of this form...)

> Didn't get time to investigate further, but has anyone else had any
> weirdness with Meteor?

I would be very surprised if your problems are related to the meteor.
The meteor doesn't ever go "off hook" in the conventional sense of a
phone seizing the line -- so it's unlikely (unless it's seriously
faulty) that the unit is responsible for generating the busy signal.

Patrick

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
{short
description of image}