Re: Meteor Madness

I have had some major Meteor weirdness myself recently!
An incoming our outgoing call event would register as off-hook then nothing
else as the Meteor seemed to lock-up (with red light flashing). Sometimes the
phone line would be held open. Whilst in this state I couldn't get a dial tone
until power was removed from the Meteor or the phone cable was pulled.

Turned out to be a dodgy cable connecting the Meteor to the phone line.

Justin.

Quoting "BUTLER, Tony, FM" <roaming@xxxxxxx>:

> Meteor connected to XP Machine.
> Homeseer running Patricks Plugin.
>
> Set up on Saturday and phone out of commission sat evening/sunday morning,
> until I got a call telling me phone is constantly engaged.
>
> Pick phone up, pressed 'dial', got a dial tone.
> Phone happy again.
> HS has logged a call event.
> Shut down HS, start again, Patricks plugin displays "Change in CTS" and
> then, I think "Change in DTR".
> Red light on Meteor comes on.
> Call myself from mobile.
> HS/Plugin do their job and I get a Call event logged.
> Pick phone up, pressed 'dial', got a dial tone.
> Back up stairs and Meteor red light not on.
> Call myself from mobile.
> Nothing.
>
> Also, I get what looks like a debug form pop up with call details either
> from activeCID, the meteor activex control, or from patricks plugin.
> anyone know how to turn this off?
>
> Didn't get time to investigate further, but has anyone else had any
> weirdness with Meteor?
>
> cheers,
>

> Tony

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor