Psion Wavefinders/DAB

Well, after jumping into the Wavefinder bargain some months ago I can
finally use mine.

Seeing that a transmitter at Sudbury was planned 'this year' I subscribed to
the UKDigitalRadio mailing list with the intention of being notified when.

With the talk of 99 quid sets hopefully providing general acceptance and
kick starting the market for DAB, I had a quick peek again at
www.ukdigitalradio.co.uk to check my postcode.  Bung in CO10 XXX and it says
'not a chance' (funny, it said good possibility with an external aerial a
few months ago!).  Have a quick peek at the current transmitters and there's
listed Sudbury...

So, they're grumbling that the take up's piss poor etc. and there's me with
a tuner, champing at the bit to get going and they can't even keep me up to
date.

/me remembers registering an interest on the BT ADSL site over a year ago to
find out when Sudbury exchange might get enabled - and hearing - NOTHING -
EVER.  A postcode/telephone number search after prompting and jibes from Mr
McCall revealed it had been enabled.... (Much to Mr McCall's chagrin I must
admit)

Is being a muppet a pre-requisite for being in charge of technology rollouts
these days?

James H

NB Opinions expressed are just that - opinions from my experiences and point
of view.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor