Re: Digiguide and Tivo

Ben McCormack wrote:
> I have just rediscovered digiguide and I have realised what a cool
> product it is.
>
> Has anyone had any luck integrating it with TIVO yet. I would like to
> use Digiguide to find and select programs to record and then simply
> squirt it to Tivo to do the recording.

I just use the old fashioned method...... browse various sources (fair
amount of searching through Digiguide, any printed TV info things I get,
any heads-ups given on the list) and then fire up TivoWeb to set the
recordings......

The problem that you'll have with any sort of integration is matching
the guide data....... Tivo series (whats the plural of series....? !)
have a unique ID number..... Digiguide doesn't know this number.... you
might be able to get around it by using programme name, but this can
cause problems due to mismatches..... eg a couple of days ago I saw
something on last night or dark o'clock this morning in Digiguide called
The Programmers, and it was about computer programming history...
searched TivoWeb, nothing...... fumbled about a bit, eventually went in
to look at the guide data for that date and time on the Tivo and found
out that the series was Open University and The Programmers was an
episode title.... which is not how Digiguide described it....... you
might be able to bodge something together which would probably work 90%
of the time...... and Digiguide 6's new "record" flag could be used to
help.... but how are you going to say eg Season Pass this, or individual
record this....? Plus at the moment, TivoWeb will report conflicts on
individual records, and will add the season pass to the bottom of the
list, giving it lowest priority......

Hmmmmmmmmmm :S

--
Doogie