RE: Sony Vaio Specs

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Sony Vaio Specs
  • From: "Phillip Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 20:05:23 +0100

Nope ...

You will not get a dongle or port replicator or anything like that, you will
also not get a floppy drive nor a CD ROM drive. These are Sony VAIOs where
they make you buy almost everything as extras!

I had an earlier PCG-C1F so I do know what you get in the kit, if you want
to add a USB parallel and serial port then you can do but you'll need to buy
it seperately. For getting drivers on and off the unit I would use an IBM
microdrive in a PCMCIA convertor, once you have your network card drivers
installed it's then easy to use a shared CD ROM drive from another machine.

For installing a replacement OS you will need the correct Sony CD ROM drive
... The unit will only boot from the Sony drive ... Not from any other make
of PCMCIA CD ROM. I believe the same applies to USB floppy drives too but I
can't be 100% sure on that as my C1F was supplied with a USB floppy (I don't
think the C1VE was supplied with the floppy drive as standard).

Phil

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor