RE: Embedded web server with serial out?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Embedded web server with serial out?
  • From: "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 10:01:40 +0100

Ooh.... that would be fab :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: drownedrat [mailto:fluff@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 28 July 2002 15:27
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: re: [ukha_d] Embedded web server with serial out?

Reply to an old post, but just happened upon someting while clearing
that might help.

Found a Emulex netque box (printserver). It has serial port. Sould be
able to get cheap as they are ancient.

Don't know it they could be reprogrammed, or tricked to do custoemr
commands (ideal would be micro linux kernel) nothing obvious on
google.

Box is about 6" x 5" x 1.5"

Has serial, parallel, bnc & utp.

contemplating an ask slashdot, but don't know if it'd get through.

I'd certainly be interested in getting these to do something useful
even if doesn't solve Marks requirement.

FAO Mr H - point 6, if we can work it out I'll send you one or two.

A.