Re: Security Help ASAP

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Security Help ASAP
  • From: "PatrickLidstone" <patrickl@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:02:25 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Amar Nagi" <amar@a...> wrote:
> Patrick could you please tell more about "skin the
> inside of the windows with security film"

It's clear plastic, transparent and invisible to the naked eye except
close up. It comes in different grades (offering different levels of
protection), and depending on the grade may need to be professionally
fitted (it is bonded to the glass using some chemical process). The
low end product can be DIY fitted I think, and is designed for the
kind of scenario you are facing. Judging by the literature I saw
(which unfortunately I no longer have) it was extremely effective -
you could attack a window with a hammer and it would remain intact. A
similar coating is also available for car windows to prevent
opportunistic theft. Afraid I have no idea about cost (expensive, no
doubt).
I don't remember the original brandname, but these people are one of
many who supply this kind of stuff:

http://www.artisticblinds.co.uk/products/security.htm

Patrick

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor