Re: WiFi

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:36:09 +0100, "Brian Reynolds"
<brian.g.reynolds@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>I'm looking at other options for speed, if the Linksys is 11Mbps but you
>pnly get around 6Mbps this might be a bit suspect.

Oh, just thought, a lot of the speed/range claims tend to be
optimistic or in ideal conditions. You tend to get half that in
ordinary situations I've found. "Suspect" suggested "not working
right" to me.

I can now confirm that an older version WAP11 *does* talk to the new
v2.2 Linksys WAP11 as I have just now bridged 2 rooms in my house
together with one of each.

I have also just tried the WAP11s in AccessPoint and AccessPointClient
modes which means my FujiTabs connect to my older WAP11 whilst the
computer across the hallway talks to my office via the 2nd WAP11. All
computers share one Internet connection.

I can tell which WAP11 the Fuji is connecting to by the number of bars
in the Orinco Client Manager s/w. I only get a full set of bars when
I'm sat right next to the Access Point. Leave the room and I drop a
bar. One WAP11 needs to be in AP mode whilst the other one is in APC
mode.

Some more details available on this group:

Stuart
--
Stuart Booth
Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

stuart@xxxxxxx

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor