Re: loftbox

Hi Tim

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 7:20 AM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] loftbox

> Robert,
>
> I don't have a loftbox unit, although I have been looking at them. AIUI
you
> connnect the TV aerial, FM and satellite LNB feed into the loft box (in
the
> loft or wherever) and take a single cable from the loftbox's "Living Room"
> connection, down to your digibox via the MSWP. You then run another cable
> from the digibox "RF2 out" back to the loftbox and connect it to "Digibox
> UHF2". You then connect "TV Outputs 1-8" to the TVs etc around your house.
> Is that how you've got it connected ?

Yep

> Have you continuity-checked your new cables, and are you checking for
> outputs at the loftbox unit itself, or at the ends of the distribution
> cables ? Are *all* 8 outputs "dead" ?

Yep continuity is OK and no shorts

> There's a couple of comments on the Lets Automate site, URL below:
> http://www.letsautomate.com/10567.cfm?CFID=67640&CFTOKEN=48498951
>
> Particularly the points about terrestrial TV & FM aren't directly routed
> the outputs, only via the digibox, and the last para in bold about
ensuring
> you've got the digibox RF2 to loftbox UHF2 connection made (albeit nothing
> about whether the RF2 power should be on or off :-(  ).

I have TV pictures, its sky thats missing, havent got round to sending
modulated cctv to loftbox yet, but it in the pipeline as it were :O)

> I'm confused about your RF2 power status. I had presumed that if it was
off,
> you wouldn't get a signal full stop, hence your previous way of doing it
> wouldn't work. But since it did work, maybe there's always a signal there
> but it's only good for the metre or so that it might run to a TV, and
isn't
> suitable for a longer run to a distribution amp. What was the previous
> length between your digibox and dist amp ?

old method approx 10 meters, new loftbox method, not realy sure but could be
as much as 40 meters

> Also, why did you use a "Y" splitter in the RF2 out if you were using a
> distribution amp anyway ? :-)

lol  ermm did it in 2 stages, 1st stage was out of rf2 through window frame
up to main bedroom, when that worked i put a Y splitter on and sent it into
cellar to a distribution amp, from there to kitchen, 2 ouputs in cellar, and
2 outputs to other 2 bedrooms.

> I would suggest turning the RF2 power on and seeing if that makes any
> difference, but I've no idea whether that's the right thing to do or not
:-(

me neither :O)   isnt the outpout voltage on rf2 summat to with the ir link
thing sky were selling, so you can control sky box from other rooms, (ill
see if i can find out anything about it when ive fiinished typing this )

> If you want to sketch out your new & old systems and put them in the files
> area (or email me direct) I'll take a look and see if I can help any
> further.

Ooooooo sketching....  dangerouse :O)
Ill see what i can do

Thanks for your time Tim

Robert Crawshaw                 http://www.golcarbob.com

The internet has had no effect on my life wwwhatsoever.com

I am Dyslexia of Borg            Your ass will be laminated

---

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor