Re: small/cost effective amp needed

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: small/cost effective amp needed
  • From: "psghome2002" <psghome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:26:17 -0000

I'm very pleased with the Kustom unit for the price. I went for 6 of
the double wall controllers. It does have a party mode - has a
master input that you simply connect an additional controller to
that then controls all 6 zones. I'm also going to try 'injecting' IR
directly into the main unit via a transistor to enable central
control of all zones (currently you'd have to place an additional IR
transmitter in the wall unit) from the HomeVision multi-zone IR
feature on the expansion board. Someone on another HA newsgroup has
successfully mixed in the IR signal apparently.

Car radio could work (or an old stereo system I guess) but I'd
rather use a more 'elegant' solution I think (although I could hide
it in the loft).

Cheers,

Paul.

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@a...>
wrote:
> Paul,
>
> I'm glad you're pleased with the Kustom unit - it's been one of
the systems
> I've been considering. Does the unit have a "party mode" where all
zones
> will play the same source ? Did you go for the Kustom wall control
units
> aswell ? I'd be interested in any more feedback that you've got.
>
> Re: you original question - what about a car radio that accepts
line-in
> signals ? It probably wouldn't be remotely controllable (other
than an
> appliance module on the PSU) but it would be small enough. You'd
also get
> the radio as an additional source.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Tim H