RE: New HA Project - Electronic Filer

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: New HA Project - Electronic Filer
  • From: "James, Daniel" <daniel.james@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:48:51 +0100

>The scanner looks just the right size - what are the chances of wall >mounting this?  Would the page be fed through okay?  Does the= scanner
>handle A4 pages okay as the site says Letter and Legal sizes.

I'd have thought wall mounting would be ok, there are two ways of the paper=
leaving this, either from above or out the back.

>Ideally I would mount a small touch screen just above it to assist in t= he
>filing, as this seems to be the time saving feature.  My only prob= lem
>would then be the software - it would be much easier if I could write a=
>very simple UI for the actual filing interface.

I'm not sure about this, the software that comes with it uses an explorer style interface, with the thumbnails being the scan.

A Review of the software is here:
http:= //www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,16937,00.asp
http://www.gtpcc.org/g= tpcc/paperport.htm

its made by scansoft - www.scansoft.com

I have loaded the software onto one of my Fujis and it works ok, I don't have a way of connecting my scanner to the fuji though, but perhaps using terminal services to another machine, would give you a cheap touch screen?<= BR>

>Are you aware of any sort of SDK or toolkit available for doing the
>scanning?  Also is the automatic scanning done from the software o= r
>hardware?

I would have to say i'm not sure, the software kicks in as soon as you plac= e
a piece of paper into the scanner

Daniel

The scanner looks just the right size - what are the chances of wall
mounting this?  Would the page be fed through okay?  Does the sca= nner
handle A4 pages okay as the site says Letter and Legal sizes.

Ideally I would mount a small touchscreen just above it to assist in the filing, as this seems to be the time saving feature.  My only problem<= BR> would then be the software - it would be much easier if I could write a
very simple UI for the actual filing interface.

Are you aware of any sort of SDK or toolkit available for doing the
scanning?  Also is the automatic scanning done from the software or hardware?

Thanks for the link.

-Dan