RE: Graphics Card WAS RE: (ukha_d) New PC recommendations

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Graphics Card WAS RE: (ukha_d) New PC recommendations
  • From: peter.white@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 17:55:46 +0100

I went for the ATI Radeon VE 32Mb DDR & DVI OEM from tekheads for =A353= (can't
find it on the site now though - try www.computerprices.co.uk to compare ca= rds
and prices.  My reasons were the same as yours, I don't need to run ga= mes, but
did need the DVI output.  Ebuyer had some cheap cards, but the support= for them
was very questionable - the best I could find was a half built Taiwanese si= te
which did not fill me with confidence.

The TV card is separate, mainly because the All in Wonder card I had before= was
very temperamental in displaying TV.  That said, The winTV card I have= now is
better, but not perfect.  I think it cost around =A325.  May be a= better policy,
as I expect to upgrade the graphics card in a year or 2, but don't want to = shell
out for TV again.

I went for DVI because it was there, but the truth is there's hardly any difference between that and the analogue picture on the same flat panel.&nb= sp; My
screen has both inputs, which is handy as I can run 2 PC's to the same scre= en
and just toggle between the analogue and digital input.

Pete