re: reliable IR over Cat5

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: re: reliable IR over Cat5
  • From: "Dan Khan" <dan@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 18:36:12 +0100

Finally gotten around to sorting out my IR cat5 distribution.

I have purchased the IR distribution amp from Keene and am now about to modify it for use over cat5 as others have done (see thread benath this message).

Before I start cutting up cables and making a mess - I would just like to check how others managed this.

I have to cut the jack plug from the receiver end off and attach a cat5 plug - I assume when cut, this wire has three connections - two signal cables and the outer sheath braid - how did people attach these to the cat5 and in which particular order?

Thanks,
-Dan