Re: Controlling Heating

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Controlling Heating
  • From: "stuartgrimshaw" <stuart@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 23:51:25 -0000

Hi Marc,

I just got my connection back after a month, and I was scanning the
stuff I missed, and I noticed no-one replied to your mail, that's
the problem on a list where the signal to noise ratio is so low.

Anyway ... I beleive what you want to do is use a Universal Module
(http://www.laser.com/?laserlink=SGUM506) unit to drive a larger
relay to do the switching.

I know there are a couple of people use this or a similar method,
and Keith D should be able to give you more precise advice.

Also, have a look at "How do I automate...." in the FAQ, there's a
link on there to Keiths site and info on how he did something
similar.

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Marc Mosthav" <marc@m...> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to control my heating from my HA computer. I do have
a Dallas temp. sensor and would like to control the connection which
is usually connected to the thermostat. My problem is that the
b****rd thing is 30VAC / 1A and that all the X10 relay devices are
rated at xVDC. Am I thinking the wrong way 'round, am I stupid or do
I have to do something totally different???
> BTW nobody answered my question about all my broken TM13's so I
assume that they work fine for everybody else? Mine are just
switched off and are not responding to anything.
> Any help on either question would be greatly apreciated.
>
> Marc

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Click Here!