OT NTL odd problems with web mail - Again

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: OT NTL odd problems with web mail - Again
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <john@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 08:38:30 +0100

Hi

A Friend has NTL cable modem which is attached to a w2k box running
Norton internet security, his PC is connected to a hub which in turn is
connected to his kids PC. All has worked fine for 6 months, but he now
says he cannot get web mail from either hotmail or yahoo.com he can read
mail but if he composes a email when he hits send the browser either
does nothing (in the case of hotmail) or page cannot be displayed
(Yahoo) same if he selects reply, or trys to delete a email.

I went round to his house and deleted any yahoo/hotmail cookies and temp
internet files, still the problem occurred but with yahoo it worked when
he went to the .uk site but when he tried the .com it did not and
thereafter either site failed.

I hooked up my laptop to his hub and my laptop also had the same
behaviour, I then hooked my laptop up via a modem using adial and it
worked, no problem.

So what can it be ?

NTL ?

ICS on the w2k box ?

The service he is on is for single computer use so he does not want to
contact NTL direct, any thoughts would be well received.

John

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Click Here!