RE: OT : Broadband is coming my way (at long last !!!!)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT : Broadband is coming my way (at long last !!!!)
  • From: "Mark Hetherington" <mark.egroups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 18:47:32 +0100

Definitely sounds better than mine. The full response I get is:

"BT has no plans to upgrade your exchange in the near term.
BT is working on partnerships with local and national government bodies to
evaluate the possibilities of bringing broadband to your area in a cost
effective way.

We are also investigating alternative technologies, such as, Satellite
Services. We will be providing you with more information on this site at
the
end of June.

Alternatively you may be receiving service from another telecomms
supplier."

Previously I just got the "keep checking" message.

No broadband provider so far has touched this area (no cable, satelite,
wireless or ADSL services). Seems all the providers would rather fight each
other for users in an urban area than get all the users in semi rural ones
by being the only provider :(

Mark.

Princess