From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Phillip Harris
Sent: 09 February 2010 22:09
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] [OT] Mac advice...

=20

=20=20

I=B9m Gay!

Well, I suspect I am...

...It started with an iPod classic, then an iPod Touch, then an iPhone (and
another and another =AD I now have three, two in use and one =B3spare=B2
in=
case I
drop one down the loo, ones already been in the bath and been dried out
successfully but I think if one ever has a swim in the loo then I won=B9t
b=
putting it to my ear again, hence the spare)...

...the final nail in the high-altitude gardening coffin was the 17=B2
Macbo=
ok
Pro a week ago.

Anyway =AD first thing I did was bootcamp the bugger and whack Windows on
i=
but that seemed perverse ... A bit like having a gorgeous girlfriend but
boffing her fat, speccy, soapdodging mate while the girlfriend was at work.

After nearly a fortnight I=B9ve installed Office for Mac trial version and
=
am
now looking at running Windows in a Virtual machine (there=B9s some apps
th=
at
I just cannot run under OSX unfortunately) ... Possibilities seem to be
VMWare and Parallels and it appears that VMWare will run several OS=B9s
(Windows, Linux) whereas Parallels seems to be Windows only.

So, getting back to my opening statement, if anyone has any preferences
between the two then I=B9d be most happy to know which way you swing and
why...

Cheers

Phil

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums