TiVo manual recording WAS Re: Skipdiving result!

> Eurgh! The thought of the Doxey butt crack smiling at you from over the
> edge of a skip!
>
> Phil

Nearly as bad as Phil's.....

Right, I have dusted the TiVo off and can report the following:

SW Ver: 1.5.2-100-023

Doesn't allow manual recording.  Now, if the documentation states that it
does, then there is a potentially interesting challenge here.  I'm not in
anyway condemning TiVo, but if someone bought a machine to manually record
programmes without a subscription (assuming it had been sold as such), then
I reckon things could get interesting.

I shall probably be arranging a lifetime sub later this month (TiVo will be
mothballed again until then) on the basis that my TiVo is worth around 100
quid as it is now.  Hopefully with a lifetime sub, it will be worth around
200 for the foreseeable future, as the sub is attached to the machine.  Now
Doxey, get those KAT5 IR units ready so I can use my TiVo without having to
have it in the sitting room ("Not another box!").  I trust Keith will be
sitting in the corner of the pub, soldering iron in hand and being kept
constantly supplied with Diet Coke and pizza for the duration of the London
meet ;)

James H

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor