RE: svideo->svideo vs. svideo->RGB

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: svideo->svideo vs. svideo->RGB
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:39:53 +0100

It does depend on the quality of both your output AND display device, but I would challenge you to tell the difference between component (essentially the same quality as RGB) and SVideo using my Arcam DV88 and Panasonic 42 inch panel.

SVideo and RGB should be more than capable of supporting video over cable runs of up to 15m let alone 1!

If you fancy laying down some cash for some decent cables, give Ahmet a call at Custom Cable Service on 020 8942 9124. Tell him what you are after, and he’ll make up cables for you using the most appropriate conductors.

Tim