From: "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 9:21 AM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Buying DDAR

Stu,

The DDAR is the same as the "Rio Receiver", so if you see _either= _
advertised, then you're getting the same product. The only difference is in=
the cosmetics - the DDAR is black, the Rio silvery-thing.

I'm not aware that ANY have been sold in the UK. Certainly, several
companies have ADVERTISED them, but always "had stock problems."<= BR>
My advice would be to search the American sites, and find one that'll ship<= BR> to the UK. By the time you've paid shipping, insurance, import duty (2%) an= d
VAT (17.5%) then realistically you'll end up changing the dollar sign for a=
pound one, and then adding a bit.

I bought 5 when Tiger ran them for $99 each. By the time I got them landed,=
they worked out about =A3102 each. That was taking into account the savings= in
shipping for order 5 en bloc.

If I were importing now, I would expect to pay up to =A3150 per unit.
Certainly, that's what I paid for the first, when Graham did his original bulk buy...

The BEST way to get hold of some would be to "phone a friend" in = the States,
get the friend to buy them, and then ship to you. This, however, needs to b= e
a GOOD friend ;-)

Regards,

Mark Harrison
Head of Systems, eKingfisher