RE: Weather Station

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Weather Station
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <john@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 17:32:35 +0100

Title: Message
its WeatherView 32, unfortunately its not cheap, I think its meant for a more commercial use I use the "Standard" one which is about 120 USD the pro version is much better 240 USD.  Big problem with this software is if you want to view the real time data (as you see it on the server) on a client in the same house you have to buy client licences a 5 pack is 500USD !!!

My setup is fairly basic there is loads to play with in the software.One problem is that the data is vast and realy the only way to minulipate it is with sql server, the raw text export file for 6 months is 24Mb. My data is now 42Mb.

It is very stable, been using it for 10 months on my server (w2k server) which runs loads of stuff, mail daemon, relayfax, sql server,creative webcam, home vision, DDAR mp3 server, intel device view all 24/7 since install WV32 has never crashed

John