Re: PAQ Man

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: PAQ Man
  • From: "Darren Baker" <Darren_Baker@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 20:33:10 -0000

Brian,

The iPAQ just slips into the sleeve and provides 2 x PCMCIA type II
slots and there is also an additional battery built-in. I have posted
another photo showing the iPAQ and sleeve separately.
With regard to weight the iPAQ alone weighs approx 195g, the sleeve
(without cards) is an additional 200g, with the cards it is 245g.
Generally I carry the iPAQ around without the sleeve, as I only tend
to use the sleeve at home.
One of my colleagues at work has got the single PCMCIA sleeve, but he
has stripped it down (removed all the plastic bulk) and has got it to
fit within the Compaq Executive Leather Case. I'll try and get some
photos of it.
As Phil has stated the microdrive is just a miniture disk drive that
fits into a CompactFlash II slot or a PCMCIA slot via the adapter. I
can also move the drive between my iPAQ and my camera without any
problems, so I can view pictures taken by the camera on the iPAQ.
The cheapest place I found for the 64Mb model was Action, there are
special deals on the 32Mb model all over the place.
I also had a Psion 5MX before the iPAQ and I have not looked back
since.
Go on you know you want to ;)

iPAQ info at http://www.compaq.co.uk/products/handheld/
Microdrive info at http://www.storage.ibm.com/hdd/micro/index.htm