TM12U's (Transceiver) locking up

  • To: "UKHA Group" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: TM12U's (Transceiver) locking up
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 15:19:25 +0100

    I seem to have an ongoing problem with a number of TM12U's - the ones bought from Homebase. They appear to lock up and not respond to RF signalling at all. Sometimes they don't respond to mains carried X10 either. Pressing the ON/OFF button on the front seems to restore them to correct operation. I seem to remember a similar batch problem with the older 418Mhz units that were recalled through HomeControls. Anyone else experiencing this ? I have at least 3 that have this problem and several new unboxed ones to test. This is every unit so far.

    I also have another very strange anomaly - any guesses at this ??? I have a room with 3 lamp modules in it all set to the same unit and housecode (eg C3) and on the same ring. They all work fine in response to the C3 ON and C3 OFF commands however whichever lamp module is plugged into a particular socket turns itself off whenever >ANY<  X10 OFF command is received on that housecode (the unit code is not relevant). So say a C6 OFF will switch OFF any of these (C3) modules if they are placed in that particular socket. If they are placed in an adjacent socket they work fine. Only a C3 ON command will turn the lamp back on - very very strange.

    Kevin

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Lose 20 lbs by November 12th