RE: Re: What's Santa going to bring you?

On 24/09/01 at 17:31 Phil Harris wrote:

>The 1290 is a cracking printer ... I have one that I use only for photo
>prints.

Yep, that's what I want it for. I went to the camera shop on Saturday to
pick up some prints from my digital camera (they do it on proper photo
paper) the standard sized are great but what really blew me away was the
when I got my A4 ones! Out f*$k%^g standing, I really mean it they look as
good (to me) as *any* photo and a lot better than APS, which is grainy poo,
to Boot!

(these are my personal opinions only, I'm fully aware that 'real' photo
quality is actually better - but I can't tell the difference so to all
intents and porpoises (down flipper down) they are the same to me)

There are two big problems with getting it done in a proper photo shop
though. first is cost (A4 @ 8.45 NLG ~ = 2.41 GBP each!!!) and the fact
that they obviously don't use any sort of intelligence when it comes to
cutting them to size... I've attempted to fix this problem buy enlarging
the canvas in Paintshop Pro and then sending them the picture (with some
'white space' around the image) hopefully when I get them back they'll have
the whole picture, and if I'm a little unlucky a little bit of white around
the edges...

I've not seen much real output on this printer, so any info would be great,
because of the cost, delay and the 'cutting peoles heads off' thing I'm
really tempted to do this. Plus the wife is very interested in doing it
ourselves. i suppose if the output is good enough then even if it's a
little more expensive the fact that it can be done there and then, and I
can adjust what/who gets cut off then it'd be better.

The ultimate question is can you tell at A4 the difference between a 1290
version and one done in a photo shop (apart from the paper of course)

Andy

>> Homevision (No chance)
>> Pronto Pro (yeah right)
>> Bigger TV (Plasma??) minimum 32in (even less of a chance!)
>> Epson 1290 colour printer (distinct possibility)
>>
>> Andy

--- Tag-it! v2.0 (c) Andy Powell 1998

Light at end of tunnel will be out until further notice.