Re: Bloody BT!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Bloody BT!
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:04:22 +0100

>They can do HH to ADSL now Paul.  When ever we did work we had to jump
>through all sorts of hoops and ended up installing a new analogue line
>because they couldn't convert the Biz H.  But, like I say, they can
now.

Well that at least is a small crumb of good news amongst all the crap from
BT....

>I'm using and sharing the USB modem here fine but that's on Win2K
box...can
>you upgrade to that?

Absolutely!, and I plan to, as soon as I can find the time to plan it
properly. - It is my main server (that big one you saw in the cellar). -
This is my main internet gateway, Domain Controller, Proxy server, file
server, print server, DHCP server, WINS server, Mail server, and caching
DNS
server. (so quite important then!). It's currently running NT4, and is as
stable as a rock. - So I don't want to **ck with it!! I want to make sure I
have a reliable tested backup, and a rollback plan in case anything isn't
quite right with the upgrade.

All that's going to take time, and I don't want it forced upon me by poxy
BT!!

Paul G.