RE: Bloody BT!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Bloody BT!
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 13:51:21 +0100

I'll be honest Paul, I still have ISDN 2e (because I have an ISDN cordless
PBX) as a backup, but I haven't looked back since going to DSL. It may be
that takeup is particularly low at my exchange but I have never seen speeds
of less than 400k, and I test it regularly. I would keep the HH, AND get
ADSL. Its worth it for the speed advantage alone.

It is now possible to get it without any equipment whatsoever and supply
your own DSL router - so that solves the NT4 problem!

> Oh, and did I mention it would also be more expensive, because my
> HH charge
> includes £15/month inclusive calls, which I'll lose by
> "upgrading" to DSL...

Go for DSL and keep HH, at least you don't have to ever worry about being
kicked off!

> Paul G.
>

> >From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
> >To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
> >Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Bloody BT!
> >Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 10:55:47 +0100
> >
> >Thing is, I would, of course, swicth to broadband in a *second* if
they
> >would get their fingers out and install it anywhere other than
> in run-down
> >housing schemes full of junkies....
> >
> >Whoever planned BT's rollout on ADSL in Scotland is a complete
fool. As I
> >have commented previously, three of the areas so far enabled are
Govan,