RE: Re: Virus

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Virus
  • From: "Brian G. Reynolds" <brian.g.reynolds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 13:50:03 +0100

Thanks Mark, very informative.

My ISP is NTL which is why I was concerned about the NetBT bit, assuming it
to be something to do with BT.

When I allowed MMC.EXE to operate there was a humungus amount of traffic
through the firewall (Tini Personal Firewall) so I stopped it, it was
around
this time that I found I had the Mimba virus, maybe a coincidence not sure.

When I installed TPF it asked allsorts of questions re-access so I did
start
with no rules and made them up as I went along, confusing the first time
till I got a basic knowledge about what was going on! as you say a good way
to learn.

Thanks for your help, mucho appreciated.

B.

connection.