RE: Re: OT USB Scanner stops working after a few scans

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: OT USB Scanner stops working after a few scans
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 09:53:35 +0100

Bummer.

It obviously draws too much current. USB was never intended to supply power
for high current devices, it was intended for things like Network Hubs,
Keyboards, Mice etc that only require a few milliamps.

Likewise, digital cameras need only a few milliamps for the interface, but
if it is powering the entire camera circuity this could be way too much.

Looking at my previous post I need to get a new set of fingers as mine
arent
pressing the right keys :-(

Keith