Re: Automating electric blanket ( yes its that time of year )

> Pedro de Oliveira wrote:
> I'm thinking of automating my electric blanket but have some doubts as
> to the best method.  Could I use a LM and use the dimming function to
> control the amount of heat dissipated by the electric blanket or would
> I be limited to using an AM.  My electric blanket has a 0 - 1 - 2 - 3
> - 0 "switch" on the cord to control the level of heating so
in theory
> the "element" can handle not being on full power.

Ive opened up one of the controls and there was a tiny triac and some
other crap in there. I have run it on a lamp module, but it didnt work
unless the blanket was on 3. Also, the neon light will barely glow when
its dinned down but there is still heat coming out of it. I have the
bedside lamp on the same lamp module so I can see how much its set to,
then I just switch the lamp off on the lamp. Also means that when its
heating up and I have it on full I can read by it, which is the point of
the lamp after all..