Re: Automating electric blanket ( yes its that time of year )

Kenneth Watt wrote:

> Pedro,
>
> I have mine on an appliance module and HV switches it on only if the
> outside and/or inside temp is low enough, determined by DS1820 stats.
> But I would not recommend using a lamp module for this *shudders*

why not? Its just a resistor.. a big flat fluffy resistor. Lamp modules
can drive anything resistive thats within there wattage rating that
doesnt mind chopped up power. I have my heated towel rail on one to
switch off and on at various times, mind you thats on a lamp module
because all the apliance ones I have are being used elsewhere.

the 1-2-3 control on the blanket I have passes the AC straight to the
blanket on 3, and it appears that the other 2 settings put a dimmer of
its own in series with it. I have actually seen people butcher blanket
controls onto a table lamp to make it dimmable.