RE: OnDigital Signal Breakup...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OnDigital Signal Breakup...
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 21:16:30 +0100

The question is therefore, when analogue transmissions cease and more
channels become available for digital transmissions then will the current
channels be spread more thinly and upped in bandwidth? After all, I
understand that OnDigital do have a few more channels comming to them from
the UHF spectrum. (You don't have to answer that as I fear I know the
answer.)

As an aside ... I wonder who the intellectually challeged muppet was who
decided the channel spread for the 6 MUXes in my area ... 5 of them are
below channel 40 (where all out analogue channels are too) and the 6th MUX
.... that which carries ITV/ITV2/CH4/E4/Film Four etc ... is up in the
50's.

Of course everyone has wideband aerials here don't they? Nope ... because
we're a "difficult" area for analogue reception then it seems
that most of
the local aerial contractors have been fitting narrow band aerials to try
eek out the last bits of gain and knock out bleed from other transmitters.
They're currently doing a roaring trade changing peoples aerials!

Phil

Phil