RE: Burner and Scan

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Burner and Scan
  • From: "Mark Hetherington \(egroups\)" <mark.egroups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 00:31:11 +0100

> I did send them an email suggesting that after the first order
> maybe a second delivery address could be specified and given the
> option in the web order form for delivery. Haven't had a reply
> yet though. Maybe it's just the card company's rules (although
> Ebuyer operate a similar policy).

IME, credit card companies insist that mail order deliveries are only made
to the cardholder address as part of fraud prevention procedures. It is
entirely the retailer's responsibility if this is not actually followed.
However since Credit Card companies offer no protection to retailers at all
in the event of fraud, I am surprised so many bother to follow the rule at
all. I do believe that they can revoke the merchant agreement, but rarely
enforce it since any fraudulent payments have to be repaid by the retailer
in addition to loss of the original goods.

Where fraud insurance is available to a retailer, the insurance company
will
not cover claims where shipping is not made to the cardholder address, so
maybe companies refusing to deliver to alternate address do so under the
terms of fraud protection insurance.

Mark.