RE: Re: IIS Worm

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: IIS Worm
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 21:59:34 +0100

I actually managed to download all the patches at home and then transfer
them to the server. I also uninstalled IIS completely and removed all my
web
sites for off server 'cleaning'. I then copied a fresh version of the IIS
install files and reinstalled IIS. I also reinstalled SP6 and all the
patches. I have run find again for all files associated with the worm,
including searching in all files for readme.eml and the signature. I can
find nothing wrong. However the shares are still there (which is not really
concerning me too much) and web browsing is not working to or from the
server. This is extremely serious as this is my web server. As always, any
suggestions would be most welcome. Pinging by name and by IP address works
fine both too and from the server and I can browse the server from itself
by
both name and IP address.

Regards

Graham