Burner and Scan

  • To: "UKHA Group" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Burner and Scan
  • From: "Brian G. Reynolds" <brian.g.reynolds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 20:35:38 +0100

OK so I decided to buy a burner from Scan's web site but like all good
things when you live alone things are always delivered when I am at work!

I rang the delivery people and they could not deliver it to my work address
and can not get it delivered to my house out of office hours!

I rang Scan, their policy is only to the card holders address, fine for the
first purchase  but Scan tell me that is their only policy.

I said what if I had phoned?  no problem there as they talk to you over the
phone to get the details, hmmmm, I said what is to stop me getting the name
and address out from some ones bin and then phoning you? that does not
happen!

OK said I, I have had the delivery people leave me a calling card that I
have in my hand does that not prove I live there? no, but I can take the
card to the depot (20 miles away) and pickup the package? yes! so whets the
difference? its company policy!!!

I asked to see a manager, but of course they are not available! I said I
wish to buy more kit but I have to get it delivered to my place of work,
not
from scan you can't! company...

So basically Scan have lost me as a customer!

This is why I like to deal with the likes of Li @ Laser, Mike @
letsautomate, hey I have even bought kit from the good old USofA and they
were sent to work!

I am all for fighting fraud but when it stops me "doing business"
it makes a
mockery of the system!

Sorry for the rant, go and put the kettle on now.........

B.

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx