Re: CAT5 etc in Bathrooms?

Tracey,

I've already run a Cat 5 cable for a DDAR in the bathroom.  I'm also going
to fit LV solenoid valves to control the bath filling.  Two LV switches
will
I'll rely on X10 for controlling the bath.  I'm not going to have any
sophisticated temperature/mixing controls.
Here's how I'm planning on filling the bath:
HV will be measuring the cylinder temperature (via DS18S20).  I can
estimate
the cold water temperature as it will be tank fed - any temperature
variance
over the year can be adjusted with a 'fiddle factor'.  I'll know the flow
rate of the supplies, and the bath capacity.  Therefore I can get HV to
open
the solenoids for a time period which is dependant upon the hot water
temperature.  To make things easier the cylinder will be set at 60C max,
with a mixer valve on the output also set to 60C.  After a few trial fills
think I might get it to work ! :o)
Things I'm not planning on are - a solenoid operated plug and checking to
see if the bath is full already.  I'm not wanting a fully remote controlled
bath - it's not necessary.  I was originally going to operate the solenoids
from LV momentary switches operating latching relays and just toggle the
taps on and off.

Simon