X10 Interference

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: X10 Interference
  • From: "Robert Welsh" <bob@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:28:47 +0100

Hi guys,

Looking for some help with a way forward here.

On Saturday I replaced a wall switch in my garage which switches a set of
LV
Halogen lights with an AD10 housed in the DIN rail box.

And here's where it gets weird. I can turn the lights on, using verious
methods -
* IR via an Pronto and IR743
* RF via TM12
* From a PC using a CM12U

But I can't get them to go off !!

I can, however, get it to on *and* off, if I relocate the TM12 into the
garage.
And, if I plug in an AM12 into any socket in the garage, I can switch the
AM12 on and off with the TM12 located in the house.

Which all, I think, points to some kind of interference ?? It make no
difference if I send an "OFF" or an "ALL-OFF". The only
lights in the entire
house which ignore the ALL-OFF is the newly-connected LV-Halogens.

I had some great help from some of the guys on IRC #ukha on Saturday
afternoon (thanks "Stubbs", if you're listening) - which made me
try out the
various things above.

I've never had any X10 problems before now - and this is the first thing -
it's also the first AD10 I've used - does it maybe have a different signal
threshold ?? (Though I'd have thought this would have prevented it hearing
the ON command as well).

Any ideas on a way forward here would be useful.

Cheers,
Bob