Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 3:51 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] Multi Input Video record card

    What I want for Christmas Santa......

(Santa mumbles words containing KAT5 , Switcher & get off my knee, or was it on ?)

    Realtime recording of 4+ video sources through a PC video card simultaneously - not sequenced and not split screen. Low quality acceptable ( low frame rate and resolution). Time/ data stamping.

    On alarm trigger on a particular source to switch mode to high quality recording (faster frame rate and higher resolution). Should handle multiple triggered sources in this way. Untriggered sources to remain in low quality. Pre trigger video available recorded in high quality for a few seconds before. ie continual high qulaity buffer.

    Trigger either by external logic input eg PIR or by motion detection software operating on all cameras.

    Is there such a solution - I know there are a few sequencing solutions but the cycle times are quite long as they don't normally support externally synched cameras - they also can only cope with 1 triggered camera.

    Suspect I need a 4 input video card with separate mpeg encoders for each channel - would even consider 4 separate cards if the package worked. Suspect it would cost a lot and have bandwdth problems too.

    Kevin

For more information: http://www..automatedhome.co.uk