Re: Multi Input Video record card

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Multi Input Video record card
  • From: patrickl@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 10:15:01 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Jason Lee" <jasonjlee@b...> wrote:
> Um, I was looking around at something to pull this off too.
>
> had Linux running from a wintv card, but I don't know linux enough
to pull of the programming, and I got dragged off to another project.

> I have some links and bits and pieces I can post, as soon as I have
rebuilt my main machine with them all on. Probably a day or two tell
I can get to the info easily.

One approach which may work - modulate the cameras on individual
channels and retune the video card for each image snapshot. I don't
know what the settle time is the Philips tuner used on most BTTV
based boards, but it is probably worth a go. This is how video cards
typically construct the checkerboard summary of what's on all
channels at the same time.
The tools to set up such an arrangement are readily available off the
shelf under Linux, although my guess is that without resorting to
cutting code yourself, you'd be lucky to get more than 2 fps.
Plan B would be a similar arrangement, but with a software controlled
camera switch into the composite input, which might yeild higher
frame rates.
What sort of frame rate are you after?

Patrick