From: Mark Hetherington (egroups)
[mailto:mark.egroups@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 10:48 PM
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: OT: Terrorism

It is not fact that a locked flight deck would have changed anything. Until
the details surrounding the hijacks are known, it is unreasonable to assert
that a locked flight deck would have changed anything. For all we know, the
flight deck could have been locked when the hijack began as is standard
procedure on many flights today. Assuming it was locked, it is in the first
instance the unlocking of the door which undermines this assertion that a
locked door would stop anything.