[OT] cars ...was [OT] Petrol Pumps ....was Views on X10 Addressing

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [OT] cars ...was [OT] Petrol Pumps ....was Views on X10 Addressing
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 12:51:53 +0100

> From: Mark McCall [mailto:mark@xxxxxxx]
> Sent: 06 September 2001 12:40
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [OT] Petrol Pumps ....was [ukha_d] Views on X10
Addressing

> W*NKER!
>
> Mark (green with envy again) McCall!!
>
> PS - enjoy that glorious straight six

I'm really looking forward to it. I still find it difficult to believe that
it is so much better than the 2.8 it is replacing. It is a glorious engine,
which has evolved over the last twenty years.

As I have to drive an auto (until BMW release the SMG in around two years),
I'm really looking forward to the new auto gearbox. Apparently it is far
more intelligent than anything that has come before - continually measuring
throttle position, speed, amount of throttle movement, gradient etc, and
selecting the right gear. When it gets it wrong it is simply a matter of
tapping the gear lever and it behaves like a clutchless manual.

And then I've got the rain sensor, parking radar, trip computer, traction
control, Harmon Kardon sound system, to play with - the list goes on.

Did I mention that I'm excited?