RE: OT - Digital Cameras

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT - Digital Cameras
  • From: "Ian B" <Ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 16:07:53 +0100

I don't know how it is worked out but zoom ratings are different for SLR to
APS to most digital cameras. Just a little food for thought.

The other thing is digital cameras eat batteries so I would want to make
sure that spare rechargeable are to hand and their cost.

Ian

3
> is good, 2 might be acceptable depending on your needs ... don't go
for
> less than 2 tho.
>
> Is the digital guide in the range of 3x straight or 3x the current
> optical? so a max could be 6x digital? never worked out how they rate
> that bit :/
>
> If you want 'human' contact for any further questions and have access
> IRC software, feel free to join us ... server irc.nixhelp.org chan
#ukha
> for related to this list and #photo for specifically photo related
> queries. I'm nicked as drochaid.
>
> good luck ;)
>
> Phil Harris wrote:
>
> > Ignore digital zooms if you're still looking for quality ... they
should
> > only be regarded as an absolute last resort. All they do is
upsample the
> > centre portion of the image and you'll get better results doing
the
> > upsampling in PhotoShop (or such like) as most of the
> upsampling routines
> > are fairly dumb given the limited processing horesepower in
cameras.

> > Phil

now the

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/