Re: OT - Digital Cameras

I agree Phil, optical zoom power is the one to look for, digital zoom is
only useful where capturing something as large as possible is more
important than the overall image quality.

I don't know much about digital cameras under gbp4000 so I can't comment
on the Kodak ... the main thing to look at is the megapixel rating ... 3
is good, 2 might be acceptable depending on your needs ... don't go for
less than 2 tho.

Is the digital guide in the range of 3x straight or 3x the current
optical? so a max could be 6x digital? never worked out how they rate
that bit :/

If you want 'human' contact for any further questions and have access to
IRC software, feel free to join us ... server irc.nixhelp.org chan #ukha
for related to this list and #photo for specifically photo related
queries. I'm nicked as drochaid.

good luck ;)