RE: Re: Sparkies

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Sparkies
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 10:09:15 +0100

I don't know if Keith is serious, but I may well consider this. I have of
course cabled my own house and put a complete 24 workstation network into
an
accountancy firm. Right now I have no contract so I am available. I am not
trained electrician, but I do have all the necessary tools to install and
test network equipment. I also have a limited (and VAT registered) company
so should be able to set up trade accounts with suppliers. At home I have
installed HomeVision, Comfort and of course a node zero. I would not be
able
to 'make good' following chasing out of walls as I have no plastering
skills
but would certainly have no problem wiring in a new build, including all
the
termination and construction of node zero (here I have made my own coax and
speaker patch pannels as well as speaker outlets, audio outlets and s-video
outlets). I have not thought about pricing at all, but I would think that
for this sort of work I would probably charge 15 to 25 quid per hour
depending upon what exactly is required (termination etc). Let me know what
you think.

Graham