Re: Meteor

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Meteor
  • From: "Stuart Whyte" <stuart@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 18:29:58 -0000

Alan,

I was told by Telewest customer services that only a selected few CID=20
units work on their lines and when asked about the meteor I=20
got "There's no chance it will work, cause it aint on the list"
so=20
even though NTL SAY it won work doesnt mean it wont!!  AFAIK NTL and=20
Telewest use the same standard, although I could be wrong.

S.

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Alancc" <alan.cc@n...> wrote:
> RE: [ukha_d] Re: MeteorNot all CID units work with NTL so they say,=20
my nice BT one doesn't and they reckon I am switched on, NTL say its=20
not compatible and sent me a list of ones that are.
> I want to use Meteor with NTL so will be interested on how you get=20
on.
> Best of luck with phoning NTL, hope your not in a hurry.
>=20
> Alancc
>   ----- Original Message -----=20
been out for a while so I shall soon ring NTL and find out what is=20
going on.
>=20=20=20=20
>   I asked my Brother In Law if he had a spare CID unit but he has=20
not, suppose while I was out.......
>=20=20=20=20
>   Thanks,
>=20=20=20=20
>   B.
not getting CID on your line, have you got any other caller display=20
device you can plug in?
>=20
>     I found all this when I first got my Meteor and bought a cheapy=20
display from Argos (~=A310) which works on all CID formats.
>=20
>     I found the Meteor worked very reliably, It was BT that wasn't=20
always sending the info...=20
>=20
>     John=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>     -----Original Message-----=20
appear on the=20
>     > screen.  When you dial the numbers should also appear on
the=20
screen.=20
<brian.g.reynolds@n...> wrote:=20
>     > > Good theory, I have set HyperTerminal to port1 but
still=20
nothing=20
>     > appears.=20
>     > >=20
>     > > If I dial out I get garbage on the screen so I suppose
that=20
says=20
>     > something=20
>     > > but when I dial in from my mobile sod all, the green
led=20
flashes as=20
>     > does the=20
>     > > red led but no characters.=20
>     > >=20
>     > > B.=20
>     > >=20
>     > > > -----Original Message-----=20
>     > > > From: ian@g... [mailto:ian@g...]=20
>     > > > Sent: 19 October 2001 23:11=20
>     > > > To: ukha_d@y...=20
>     > > > Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Meteor=20
>     > > >=20
>     > > >=20
>     > > > Hi=20
>     > > > No, if hyperterm will not connect to a port it
means some=20
other=20
>     > > > software is using it or it is not a valid port. You
are=20
allowed to=20
>     > > > have things connected to the port and start=20
hyperterminal.=20
>     > > >=20
>     > > > Try to disable any software using comm1 then try
again=20
and you=20
>     > should=20
>     > > > see what ever data is coming in on the selected
comm=20
port.=20
>     > > >=20
>     > > > Ian D=20
>     > > >=20
>     > > > --- In ukha_d@y..., "Brian G.
Reynolds"=20
<brian.g.reynolds@n...>=20
>     > wrote:=20
>     > > > > I try to open term and it will not connect to
comm.1 as=20
the=20
>     > Meteor=20
>     > > > is using=20
>     > > > > it, makes sense, so I close Meteor and the
lights go=20
off but=20
>     > > > hyperterm=20
>     > > > > starts, also makes sense.=20
>     > > > >=20
>     > > > > Then the Meteor has the red LED on and when I
dial=20
nothing=20
>     > shows on=20
>     > > > the term=20
>     > > > > but the LED's flash as expected.=20
>     > > > >=20
>     > > > > Do I not have to type something in term to get
it=20
to "echo" to=20
>     > the=20
>     > > > screen?=20
>     > > > >=20
>     > > > > BTW as I dial out that is shown on the Meteor
software.=20
>     > > > >=20
>     > > > > B.=20
>     > > > >=20
>     > > > > > -----Original Message-----=20
>     > > > > > From: Stuart Whyte [mailto:stuart@s...]=20
>     > > > > > Sent: 19 October 2001 21:49=20
>     > > > > > To: ukha_d@y...=20
>     > > > > > Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Meteor=20
>     > > > > >=20
>     > > > > >=20
>     > > > > > Brain,=20
>     > > > > >=20
>     > > > > > First off is to check that the Baud rate
is right;=20
2400 (see=20
>     > > > Patricks=20
>     > > > > > post)=20
>     > > > > >=20
>     > > > > > When the GREEN light flashes, data should
be seen on=20
the=20
>     > screen in=20
>     > > > > > plain text.=20
>     > > > > >=20
>     > > > > > HTH=20
>     > > > > >=20
>     > > > > > S.=20
>     > > > > >=20
>     > > > > >=20
>     > > > > >=20
>     > > > > > For more information: http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
>     > > > > > Post message: ukha_d@y...=20
>     > > > > > Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@y...=20
>     > > > > >=20
>     > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject
to=20
>     > > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/=20
>     > > > > >=20
>     > > > > >=20
>     > > > > >=20
>     > > >=20
>     > > >=20
>     > > >=20
>     > > > For more information: http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
>     > > > Post message: ukha_d@y...=20
>     > > > Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@y...=20
>     > > >=20
>     > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to=20
>     > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/=20
>     > > >=20
>     > > >=20
>     > > >=20
>     >=20
>     >=20
>     >=20
>     > For more information: http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
>     > Post message: ukha_d@y...=20
>     > Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@y...=20
>     >=20
>     > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to=20
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/=20
>     >=20
>     >=20
>     >=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>     ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor -----------------
----~-->=20
>     FREE COLLEGE MONEY=20
>     CLICK HERE to search=20
>     600,000 scholarships!=20
>     http://us.click.yahoo.com/Pv4pGD/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/IBOolB/TM=20
>=20
>     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to=20
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>     For more information: http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
>     Post message: ukha_d@y...=20
>     Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@y...=20
>=20
>     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of=20
Service.=20