RE: Homevision Relay boards ... Interested?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Homevision Relay boards ... Interested?
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 19:43:40 +0100

Yes ... which is why we have to set up the output port (board/relay
"address" and status) and then set a "Go" bit to make
sure that no partial
commands are operated upon.

We were just concerned at the cost of something like the Sylvia boards -
£170 for an eight relay board and I needed at least 12 channels just
for
curtain control. Using up 1 output port for a possible 64 relay channels
seems like an acceptable tradeoff to us.

We are still batting ideas around on this and it may be possible to do it a
little more elegantly (or it may prove completely impractical) but it was
just a thought.

Phil

"status" line (On/Off)
> and
> > a sixth would be used as a "set" line to get the relay
board to read the
> > output port and perform the requested setting.
> >
> > For example to turn on relay 4 you'd set the bottom four lines
> on the port
> > to OFF,ON,OFF,OFF (Binary Coded Decimal for 4), the
"status" line to ON

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx