RE: Re: Ocupancy Detection

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Ocupancy Detection
  • From: "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 11:40:07 +0100

Act 1, Scene 1: A house, somewhere in the UK

Him: I want to play with Home Automation
Her: What's that, dear?
Him: <Gives short, unconvincing explanation of why it's useful>
Her: <Extracts promise of dinner, champagnge and flowers in exchange for
letting him buy a Pronto>

Act 1, Scene 2: The same house, some months later

Him: How about we automate the lights as well?
Her: Why?
Him: <Mumbling....>
Her: <Extracts promise of shoes in exchange for letting him buy some
modules and an IR receiver>

Act 1, Scene 3: The same house, some months after that

Him: This is fun, but I'd like to buy a Homevision
Her: What's that?
Him: <Explains features, lies about price>
Her: <Extracts promise of ball-gown in exchange for letting him buy
Homevision>

Act 2, Scene 1: The same house, a few weeks later

Him: This Homevision is great and <accidently lets slip price>
Her: What!!!??!??!
Her: <Extracts promise of romantic weekend in retribution>

Act 2, Scene 2: The same house, a year on

Him: I'd like to wire the house with CAT5
Her: Why, how much, and tell me the truth
Him: <Explains about KAT5, his network, etc.>
Her: <Extracts sports car in exchange for permission to do this>

Act 3, Scene 1: The same house, a little later

Him: I think we should look at occupancy detection
Her: What's that
Him: Well, we each always wear these little badges when we're in the
house
Her: <Extracts promise of room in her mothers house while the "need
some
space away from each other">

Mark Harrison
Head of Systems, eKingfisher

****
Kingfisher plc
Registered Office: North West House, 119 Marylebone Road, London NW1 5PX
Registered in England, Number 1664812

This e-mail is only intended for the person(s) to whom it is addressed
and
may contain confidential information.  Unless stated to the contrary,
any
opinions or comments are personal to the writer and do not represent the
official view of the company.  If you have received this e-mail in
error,
please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this
message
from your system.  Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or
disclose its contents to any other person.  Thank you for your
co-operation.
****