Re: Cheap whole house MP3 access

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Cheap whole house MP3 access
  • From: "Dan James" <UKHA@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 08:31:36 -0000

Ok here goes...

I have a 60gb hdd which holds all my MP3s. I use a VCR to modulate=20
the signal from the TV out on the PC, to allow me to send it round=20
the house on UHF. (Currently Kitchen, Bedroom and Lounge)

Audio is distributed to the main stereo via the sound card, and to=20
the rest of the house using a Veronica FM transmitter (I know I could=20
use the TVs speakers, but I prefer to be able to have the option to=20
listen in the bathroom, and my Sony Radio is fine for this!)

The large clear fonts that are used on the PC menu from the Creative=20
remote control software means it is easy to read the track names.

Infra Red is distributed using PowerMids in each room...

Hope this helps

Daniel

--- In ukha_d@y..., Phil Cole <ukpgc@p...> wrote:
> I'd also like to know more about your setup since I too have a SB=20
Live!
> 5.1.
>=20
> Thanks
>=20
> On Wed, 2001-10-03 at 15:28, Matthew Keay wrote:
> > Woah, that'd mean my Live! 5.1 purchase last week was a good=20
idea.. a first
> > for me! :)
> > Are you using tv out or should i just drop that thought? :)
(How=20
are you
> > distributing IR/Menu output?)
> >=20
> > Matthew
allows=20
me to
> > > use the infra red remote control anywhere in the house to=20
control the
> > > PC, it has really nice on screen software, (Well SWMBO
likes=20
it!)
> > > that allows you to choose what you want to play.....
> > >
> > > (and the quality of this card is fantastic!)
> > >
> > > the remote control comes with the card, add a Video card
and=20
away you
> > > go, a solution for under =A3200!
> > >
> > > and I believe there are a number of hacks available that
let=20
you use
> > > the remote fromt this with other windows software.
> > >
> > > Daniel
> > >
> > > --- In ukha_d@y..., "Stainton-James, Mark
(London)"=20
<stainmar@e...>